Author Topic: PASSOLINI'S "Salo: 120 days of Sodom" . . .  (Read 20214 times)

pakman

• View Profile
PASSOLINI'S "Salo: 120 days of Sodom" . . .
« on: October 08, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
Pier Passolini's "Salo" features a scene of a young soldiers execution for having broken the rules... It is right up there with what BD is doing, though it was done over 40 years ago. I thought this was a particularly interesting scene.
I'm currently planning to feature these photos and several others from this scene in a longer more involved photo essay. Enjoy these for now.
pakman --  "Nihil humani alienum puto."

Gary_J

• View Profile
    • Shot, Strangled, Stabbed Guys
Re: PASSOLINI'S "Salo: 120 days of Sodom" . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:34:29 PM »
I thought this was a particularly interesting scene.

A interesting scene indeed. Others from the movie are a little too much for me, but like this kind of action it's great.

pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »
Gary. . .
Thanks for your comment. This was the first Pasolini  film I ever saw; consequently I managed to catch all of his other released films. This one was the most intriguing. I loved this scene I portrayed in my post simply because it's subject matter was congruent with my own personal interest in fascination with death. If you've seen the film, and you indicate you have, there were a few other interesting scenes earlier on the in the film where the selection process for teens that are going to serve a particular purpose are selected. There is the scene where to young guys are asked to undress so that their bodies can be examined; both of them comply. At the end of the film of course it appears that both of them were executed after being tortured first we don't see any of that, however, it's left up to one's imagination as to the boys' ultimate fate. But thanks for your comment I appreciate you taking the time to post.

Gary_J

• View Profile
    • Shot, Strangled, Stabbed Guys
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:09:53 PM »
It's a different movie from anything else. Guess it won't be possible to make such movie at this time. It a perfect movie from the 70's.
The selecting scene is great indeed. As there are several others. Like how nudity is shown as being normal. No big issue. And I don't mind watching :-)

pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:49:28 PM »
Gary,
several years ago while I was in Scandinavia I experienced nudity at a beach for the first time. Nobody seemed to notice or care I was in dire Lonna in Sweden, Lake Malaren in specific, when I experience this for the first time. Europeans are much more comfortable with their bodies that we people from the US are. I don't like calling myself an American because I come to appreciate the fact that Canadians are Americans as our Mexicans are Americans we live on the North American continent after all. So I don't even like to call the US, the USA. We should be referred to as USNA inappropriate deference to Canadians and Mexicans. We are all citizens of the North American continent after all.
I've also been told that a knife stabbing to the belly produces an erection and the victim. I don't know if this is true or not but it has been suggested as a natural physiological response. I've also been told that an erection at death is a normal response. Can anyone verify this to be the case? Would really like to know! Anyway… It's just a thought.