Author Topic: junk mail  (Read 345 times)

russ0451

• View Profile
junk mail
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:42:47 PM »
Hi Guys

When this forum was set up it was brilliant, just a few post relevant to another tastes no its full of junk mail etc. Its tedious  and boring I now mark all messages unread as read, and try to find the genuine posts from people like Kid Bronco ?

Is there anytinh to be done to stop it ?

Kid Bronco

• For your info. Kid Bronco is also phil
    • View Profile
Re: junk mail
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »
Yes, I totally agree with Russ regarding all of the junk mail and spam. Sure, the things I post certainly won't be of interest to many and that's perfectly fine since we all have different interests. But there are many other members who have posted a broader range of things that I personally enjoy seeing and probably appeal to others as well. And since Best Deaths has been good enough to provide this forum for us, it would be nice to see things that relate to their actors whenever possible.

There has been so much in the news about the increasing amount of malicious activity on the internet that I've pretty much stopped clicking on anything that I'm not familiar with. That means that I've probably missed getting to read the introductions posted by new members. I'd hate to see Best Deaths drop this forum due to the actions of a few. As pointless as it may be to even ask, I wonder what satisfactions the spammers get out of such activities? Do they find pleasure in causing disruption and inconvenience to others? Are they frustrated or conflicted by some personal issues? Have they ever considered trying to do something positive in the world and for others?