Author Topic: Superboy Nicko  (Read 1290 times)

Shhhhh

• View Profile
Superboy Nicko
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:48:49 AM »
So, I just watched this, and

I've got to say, that I find it rather baffling that despite the overwhelming mainstream popularity  of Superhero movies and television shows, Best Deaths have hardly ever done any Superhero videos, where I would think it would fit the types of stuff you guys do like a glove.

Now, on to the video itself, I'm going to start with the stuff I didn't particularly care for first.

The first being I feel there was a missed opportunity to connect this one with the first Superhero video that starred Drew. The villain in that one even said "Defeated hero number one" directly  into the camera at the end, and his character was that of a doctor, so James could have been working for him, creating a mini story arc within the Best Deaths Superhero videos.

The second thing I didn't particularly care for was the cum shot. The entire video was leading up to this, and I kind of got the impression that the camera missed it when it happened.

And finally, James killing Nicko at the end. James won. He got Nicko's semen like he wanted to create an army of superhumans. Killing Nicko after one load doesn't make any sense. Yes, yes, the site is called Best Deaths, but that condition was already met with Scrappy, and you don't shoot the cow after getting one glass of milk. Besides, being forced to go through that over and over again, that's a fate far worse than death, right there.

Other musings I had, which are neither negative or positive:

James tying Nicko to the pool table, then untying him to strip off the costume seems like a waste of time, but I can buy it as James being cocky with everything in his favor, as he made sure to do so while Nicko was weak and disorientated.

Perhaps I missed it, but was there a reason why Nicko couldn't just super strength his way out of the ropes? I guess you could say he was weakened from being in the presence of the Kryptonite Dildo, because I'm pretty sure just being in the same room Kryptonite has the ability to effect Superman in the comics/movies/shows?

Speaking of Kryptonite, with that being built in as a means to weaken and incapacitate Superman and Superboy, why use Chloroform at all? Using other versions of Kryptonite to achieve the same result would have felt more in line with the concept.

And with the Kryptonite Dildo, it kind of seems a waste to have that and not have Nicko forced to suck it as a means of humiliation.

And now, for the things I loved about this:

I really believed the performances. I know that probably sounds weird, but I believed Nicko was a superhero. I believed James was his enemy and that they have had numerous confrontations in the past, and that he was has been working towards this end for a while.

Despite everything, I never thought that Nicko seemed weak or pathetic. He struck me as someone who was defiant to the end, who kept fighting and came close to escaping a couple of times.

The story itself was a lot of fun, and I know I would like to see more Superhero ones in the future, and hopefully those will continue to build upon the foundation this one laid. Perhaps even getting to show some actual special effects  and super powers into the mix.

pakman

• View Profile
Re: Superboy Nicko
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:19:31 PM »
I found this to be a very thought-provoking and thoroughgoing review. Thanks Superboy Nicko for your commentary.
pakman --  "Nihil humani alienum puto."

Shhhhh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »
I found this to be a very thought-provoking and thoroughgoing review. Thanks Superboy Nicko for your commentary.

Thanks. I always try to give a little something to think about when I review.

Oh, and Superboy Nicko was the thread title. My user name here is Shhhhh. Why? It's a  secret.  :P

Shhhhh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 02:32:39 PM »
Okay, so I watched this again, and discovered that I probably should have mentioned the first time.

I feel Superboy being gagged the majority of the run time took away the one aspect that these types of situations thrive on -- the banter between the captive hero and the villain that captured him.

Especially since the villain captured and killed a totally random civilian in front of Superboy for no reason other than to torment him and/or try to guilt him into giving up his sperm willingly.

Having -- or more appropriately being able to hear -- Superboy's pleads and protests to get the villain to let Scrappy go over the fact Scrappy has absolutely nothing to do with Superboy. He's not Superboy's Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen. He's just a random guy that was taken by this villain for the crime of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

It would have elevated both characters, in my opinion. Would have made Superboy Nicko more of a hero for fighting so hard for someone he didn't even know, not caring about his own predicament, and would have made James even more dastardly of a villain for both putting both Superboy and Scrappy in that situation to begin with.