Author Topic: Deleting older photos  (Read 574 times)

Kid Bronco

• For your info. Kid Bronco is also phil
    • View Profile
Deleting older photos
« on: December 10, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
Thanks again to Best Deaths for providing such a great site to share photos, stories and comments. Of course I have no idea what the site's storage capacity for photos is, but I do know that I've posted a huge number. So, I just posted a revised set and after doing so, removed the original. It got me to thinking that under a different category (Cowboys) I've posted hundreds. I'm thinking that maybe it's time to delete most of the older stuff... like maybe the first fifty parts of the "Miscellaneous" postings in the Cowboys section. The idea would be to then remove the next oldest set every time I post something new. Part of the reason is that I'm running out of new ideas and more and more of my stuff tends to be revisions of older material. For anyone who might be interested, does that sound like a reasonable plan? It would remove some unnecessary clutter. 

Victor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting older photos
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:07:50 AM »
Hi Kid Bronco,

you are free to leave the photos or delete them as you upload new stuff, we don't have problems with our servers ;)

You know how to write stories and I'm sure we all here enjoy them, keep going and have fun!

Kid Bronco

• For your info. Kid Bronco is also phil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »
Thank you Victor. Okay, I'll probably just start deleting the older ones as I go along and if you guys ever want a more thorough housecleaning, just tell me.

pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:54:18 PM »
Hi KID . . .
I've had similar thoughts regarding my postings . . . like you, I've done a few postings as well. My preference is let the postings be as they are, even if I repeat the same images and stories I've told before. I sometimes like to see reactions to the same images but told in a new way . . . like my NECRODUDES IMAGES and STORY LINES . . . I like the stuff I've posted and want others to enjoy them too! I try to create new story lines, i.e .MALE-X MURDERS or POLICE REPORTS that I've started. I like the MURDER HE WROTE series and even if I use the same images . . . I like the imaginative fiction I create around the same images. Telling the story again can be a whole new experience for some persons who enjoy the stuff we create. I've viewed your series--SPEARGUN; I've seen the images previously but enjoy your GIFS of the images. The new COWBOYS PITCHFORK work you've done is remarkable. My vote is: let it be. You and I and Doug, lordtrayus and a few others have contributed soo much to the BD forum . . . I say let it be - - a reflection of our collective imagination; even if we've posted it before.

My personal concern is that often times there is little reaction/replies to what we post by other folks--a forum that has over 2 thousand members--and so little replies//reaction; WTFO?
I personally look at the number of times that a particular story line has been "viewed;" generally speaking, is an indicator of other people's interest in what we post.

This forum is a great way for me to release my pent up passion to wreak murder and mayhem upon a world of self-satisfied, smug and self-consumed young men. For this, I am eternally grateful.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:15:50 PM by pakman »
pakman --  "Nihil humani alienum puto."